PTC’s MSASTM and HSASTM fail-safe close barrier valves are the only integrity-valve solutions that delivers independent double barrier integrity at wellhead side outlets.
The MSASTM mitigates the risk of uncontrolled release of annular content from leaks or accidents, including dropped objects. The product family has an excellent track record since its introduction in 2008.
Gas lifted, gas vented or wells with sustained annulus pressure pose a considerable risk to personnel and facilities. In these applications annulus gate valves and ring gaskets are the primary well barrier. Gate valves provide only a single barrier, which can be breached upon impact or collision.
Regulatory and/or company requirements may demand mitigation for the associated risks.
The MSASTM, provides an additional independent barrier in the wellhead VR profile. The MSASTM is hydraulically operated and connected to ESD. Should an impact or collision take place, the API 6FD/FB fire tested barrier valve locked in the VR profile will close and remain within the wellhead, thus securing the pressurized annular volume.
The MSASTM system can be integrated in an API gate valve (MSAS-GTM) and has a smaller footprint as the valve actuator is installed within the gate valve bore.
- Based on API 6A
- Fire tested to API 6FD & 6FB
- Bi-directional flow
- For gas injection and annulus venting applications
- Fail safe close barrier valve
- Independent barrier NORSOK D-010 compliant
- Enhances well integrity
- Can be used to substitute the annular safety valve or downhole gas vent valve, or similar down hole barrier
- Eliminates the need for an ESD gate valve
- Easy installation and service, even in live wells
No piping modification required (MSAS-G)
For specifications please see relevant product flyer.