Tubing pressure activated gas lift valve. ShearLift-T valves facilitate standard completion operations (annulus/ tubing pressure tests) without the need for a wireline intervention.
Multiple ShearLift-T valves can be opened in a single operation by pressuring up the tubing.
When completing new gas lift wells the standard practice is often to install dummy valves in all side pocket mandrels. These dummy valves provide a barrier between the annulus and the tubing during the well completion phase. Before the wells can start producing, the dummy valves need to be replaced with gas lift valves. These intervention operations are often time consuming and costly.
Petroleum Technology Company’s ShearLift-T valve has a unique design, which utilizes the barrier technology from the standard SafeLift. The ShearLift-T valve provides a barrier between the tubing and annulus when installed in a side pocket mandrel. The check valve is held in the closed position by a shear device located in the nose section of the valve. Increasing the tubing to annulus differential pressure, to a predetermined level, shears open all ShearLift-T (IPO & Orifice) valves in the tubing string. This allows communication from annulus to tubing. Costly change out of dummy valves in new completions can be avoided by using ShearLift-T.
- A shear system that can be utilized in wells with multiple GLV´s (IPO & Orifice valves) in the tubing string
- Act as a dummy valve until shear open
- All ShearLift-T valves open during one operation
- True metal-to-metal back check seal
- Patented shear design
- The check design eliminates vibration and chattering and protects the metal-to-metal seals from erosion
- Barrier qualified
- Premium metallurgy
- CFD simulations and erosion tested
- Suitable for harsh environments (H2S and CO2)
- Square-Edge, Stealth and Venturi orifices available
- Field proven design and operation
- Considerable time saving, as no wireline intervention required prior to production start up
- Best in class reliability and longevity ensures enhanced productivity and well integrity
ShearLift valves use SafeLift’s true metal-to-metal seal, which has been qualified as a well barrier for operators worldwide. It was designed, built and tested in accordance to API 19G part 2 and leak tested in accordance to ISO 14310-V1/V0. SafeLift valves are designed to be installed to all side-pocket mandrels with 1.0" & 1.5" seal bore, designed according to API 19G part 1.
|Orifice Size Range, 1.5" valve in.||1/8 - 1/2|
|Orifice Type||Square-Edge Stealth/Venturi (Orifice valves only)|
|Body Material||Alloy 718 (other material on request)|
|Seal Stack Material||FKM/PTFE/PEEK|
|Max Operating Pressure for 1.5" psi [Mpa]||10 000 |
|Max Dome Pressure for 1.5" psi [Mpa]||10 000 |
|Max Shear Pressure (absolute tubing pressure) psi [Mpa]||Up to 9 000 |
|Max Operating Temperature for 1.5" °F [°C]||329 |
|Min Operating Temperature °F [°C]||64.4 |
|Applicable Standards, SafeLift Series||API 19G2 - V1 TR2385 - 20cc/15min [0cc/15min - V0]|
Life of Field Gas Lift Design
Petroleum Technology Company, has developed a unique gas lifted well design work-flow, which employs a combination of proprietary and industry recognized software tools. These tools cater for uncertainties and changes in key parameters over the life of the field. PTC’s design tools provide operators with all the information they require, to make the best gas lift design selection decisions.