PTC’s NexLift SI-BTM is the only true single-piece, unwelded dual barrier Side Pocket Mandrel in the market place today. This unique design provides unrivalled structural integrity, while protecting the production casing from potentially harmful fluids and pressure. NexLift SI-BTM is an ideal choice for high-profile and harsh environment wells.
Conventional side pocket mandrels (SPM) have inherent challenges related to welding and heat-treatment.
Welding and post weld heat treatment rely on extensive human intervention, requiring stringent and elaborate QA/QC processes exceeding the current standards. As such,
satisfactory repeatability of the manufacturing process is difficult to achieve.
For applications where H2S and CO2 are present, it is important to protect the production casing from harmful fluids and pressures. Avoidance of unloading after a gas lift valve change out may also be desirable. This is not possible using conventional side pocket mandrels.
NexLift SI-B™ Side Pocket Mandrel’s non-welded design eliminates the risks related to welding and post weld heat treatment. NexLift SI-B™ enhances the robustness of the completion string and is the best choice for challenging well applications in which superior longevity, strength and enhanced tubing to casing integrity capabilities are required.
PTC’s NexLift SI-B™ SPM features two replaceable barrier accredited valves, which prevent potentially harmful fluids and pressures from entering the production casing through the mandrel, even during normal change out of the gas lift valve. Furthermore, all PTC side pocket mandrels meet and exceed the highest standard in the industry.
- Rigorous QA/QC satisfying and exceeding API 19G1 Q1 standard
- Machined from a single piece of steel
- Dual barrier valve system
- Both valves are replaceable by wireline
- Prevents fluids and pressure from entering the production casing during gas lift valve change out
- Optimal inner geometry
- Qualification criteria: API 19G1, Q1, V1, F1
- By-pass slots for cables and control lines
- Hinged keeper plates to by-pass lines
- Superior structural integrity
- Best choice for sour environments
- Protects production casing from harmful fluids and pressure
- Eliminates the need for casing unloading after gas lift valve change out, thus reducing production downtime
- Eliminates the welded components in the completion string
- No chamfers and grooves and full-length discriminator slot with rounded edges, improves the success rate of KOT operations
- No loose parts that can be dropped in hole (hinged keeper plates)
- Zero potential for pulling the wrong valve
For specifications please see relevant product flyer.