A major Middle East Operator had been running unloading and operating gas lift valves as a part of their well completion. Due to the configuration of the completion, dummy valves were initially installed to allow the operator to independently test the tubing and annulus after the completion packer had been set. Once the tubing and annulus pressure tests were successful wireline interventions were performed to remove the dummy valves and install unloading and operating gas lift valves. PTC’s ShearLift-TTM valves were installed as an integral part of the completion which facilitated the annulus and tubing tests, without the need for wireline interventions. Each of the two ShearLift-TTM valves installed (one unloading and one operating) saved the operator two wireline runs (4 wireline runs in total per well). The savings realized significantly exceeded the cost of the valves.
New land wells in the Middle East
- 2 gas lift mandrels in a 4 ½" tubing inside 9 5/8" casing.
- N2Lift (coli tubing) required to initially unload the wells.
- 2 dummy valves initially installed to facilitate pressure testing of the tubing and casing after the completions packer had been set
- 6 wireline runs per well to install a catcher / remove 2 dummy valves/ install operating and unloading valves / remove catcher.
- Significant rig time and costs incurred to perform each wireline run.
- Significant rig time used for coil tubing operations to unload the wells.
PTC’s ShearLift-TTM valves (one unloading and one operating valve) were installed as an integral part of the completion to facilitate annulus and tubing pressure tests, without the need for wireline interventions. The wells can then be unloaded by injection N2 via the annulus, eliminating the need for coil tubing operations.
Each of the two ShearLift-TTM valves installed (one unloading and one operating valve) saved the Operator two wireline runs (4 wireline runs in total per well). The savings realized significantly exceeded the cost of the valves. The operator awarded PTC a one-year contract for the supply of ShearLift-TTM valves.